When you invite prospective doctors to interview for positions in your hospital, do you show them to your lobby and leave them there for hours? Of course not!
Then, why do so many medical recruiters link their open positions to the home page of their website?
Be specific and create a landing page.
According to HubSpot, a landing page is a website page that allows you to capture a visitor’s information through a lead form. A good landing page will be targeted to a particular stream of traffic – say from an email campaign advertising an open position – and, because it is targeted, you will convert a higher percentage of your website visitors into leads with which you can follow-up.
Understand what to include in your lead form.
On your landing page, there should be a lead form. The goals of the lead form are simple:
- Collect marketing information
- Guide visitors through a process
- Enable a transaction
- Verify identity
- Manage customer support requests
For the purposes of medical recruiting, the recruitment form should also communicate the available job listings, allow the visitor to select the opening he or she desires and provide a resume.
Capture interest and don’t let go.
Here are some of the most important elements to make sure your landing page holds your visitor’s interest (courtesy of HubSpot):
- Limit Navigation. You’ve brought your targeted traffic to a page where they can take your desired action. Don’t distract them! Limit the number of exits from your landing page so that your visitors are focused on filling out your form. A key part of this is to hide your website navigation elements on landing pages.
- Deliver Value. If you have a valuable offer, your visitors will give up their contact information in exchange for your offer. Ask yourself if your offer is compelling to your audience and make sure that your landing pages demonstrates that value.
- Keep it Short. The longer your landing page and form, the more friction you add to the lead conversion process. Keeping your lead form short and straightforward will increase your conversion rate.
- Test, Test, Test. As many best practices as you may read about online, your landing page can always use more testing and improvement. Make sure you have a landing page creation tool that allows you to create and test many different landing pages to see what works best for your business.
How MMS Makes Medical Recruitment Easy:
Personalized URLs (PURLS)
You can use a PURL with a landing page customized for an individual doctor. It’s a great way to track responses down to the individual doctor. It will increase response rates and you can pre-fill the response information with the person’s name, address, email address, etc.
Integrated Email and Direct Mail Services
While direct mail is still a powerful direct marketing tactic, it works even better when integrated with email marketing, which has the highest return on investment (ROI) of any direct marketing technique.
Call MMS today and we can help guide you to developing an integrated marketing campaign that will help improve your results and ROI. You can reach us at 1.800.MED.LIST (633.5478).